Sat, Oct 03|
Ricketts Glen State Park
Hiking at Ricketts Glen
Come hike with us! Transportation & gear provided!
When & Where
Oct 03, 2020, 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Ricketts Glen State Park, 695 State Route 487, Benton, PA 17814, USA
About the Experience
Join us for a breathtakingly beautiful trek past waterfalls and stunning water features. We'll hike approximately 4 miles on one of Pennsylvania's most famous trails at Ricketts Glen State Park. This is a great opportunity for photographers, hiking enthusiasts, casual outdoors people, and those looking for a good time in nature!
We'll first meet at our Basecamp on Bucknell's campus. From there we'll commute over to Ricketts Glen State Park.
*GoogleMaps link provided
- 9:00 AM - Meet at our Basecamp on Bucknell's campus.
- 9:30 AM - Depart for Ricketts Glen. Enjoy day of hiking.
- 4:00 PM - Arrive back to Basecamp.
- Some clothing as needed (rain jacket/pants, insulated jacket, baselayers)
- Hiking gear (small backpack, trekking poles)
- Sunscreen & bug spray
- Transportation to/from
What To Bring
- Clothing that's comfortable to hike and move in (e.g. athletic type clothing and/or synthetic pieces, etc.)
- Rain jacket (just in case)
- Insulated warm clothing layers
- Hiking boots or a pair of sturdy sneakers (trail can get slippery)
- Small backpack
- 1-2 liters of water
- A hat
- Personal lunch and snack food for the day
This trip is complimentary (FREE / NO COST) to Bucknell students.
This trip is open enrollment to all current Bucknell students. A Bucknell ID number is required to register.
Cancellations & No Shows
Complimentary (FREE) OEL Trips & Outings provided to Bucknell students have limited capacity. If a student signs up and doesn’t show for the program, it’s disruptive for everyone involved and takes away from other student’s experience.
We understand that things come up and life happens. We get it. We simply ask that you notify us at least 48 hours in advance of a Trip or Outing and let us know of your cancellation. You can do this by going back to our Portal and clicking on the “CONTACT” orange button in the upper right of the screen.
Failure to contact us of your cancellation is noted by the OEL Admin Team. After 3 instances (not showing up 3 times without notice), a student will not be allowed to register for future OEL Trips & Outings here at Bucknell.