Sat, Mar 26|
Danville Climbing Site
Rock Climbing 101 - Single Pitch Fundamentals
When & Where
Mar 26, 2022, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Danville Climbing Site, Danville, PA 17821, USA
About the Experience
This training is part 1 of a 3 part series.
Topics discussed and practiced in this Single Pitch Fundamentals training include:
- Single pitch climbing in diverse rock terrain.
- Equipment considerations & use.
- Knots & hitches.
- Anchor building for top rope climbing.
- Base site management.
- Belaying & communication.
- Climbing movement & effective coaching/role modeling.
Pre Trip: OEL Climbing Wall on Campus in the Fieldhouse.
Field Session: Travel out to a climbing location in Danville, PA.
Pre Trip: Wednesday, 3/2/2022 @ 8:00 PM
Field Session: 3/26/2022
- 8:00 AM - Meet at OEL Basecamp on campus.
- 8:15 AM - Depart campus for field location.
- 5:00 PM - Return to OEL Baecamp. Clean and put away equipment.
- 5:30 PM - Conclude training.
- OEL Rental Center equipment/clothing.
- Transportation during field session.
- Lunch & snacks for field session.
This training is complimentary (FREE / NO COST) for Bucknell OEL Student Leaders.
This training is open enrollment to all current Bucknell OEL Student Leaders although capacity is limited and registrations are accepted on a first come first serve basis. A Bucknell ID is required at the time of registration.
Cancellations & No Shows
Complimentary (FREE) OEL Trainings provided to Bucknell OEL Student Leaders have limited capacity. If a Student Leader signs up and doesn’t show for the program, it’s disruptive for everyone involved and takes away from the experience for other students. Further, this can negatively impact a Student Leader's ability to continue in this roll on future trips and outings.
We understand that things come up and life happens. We get it. We simply ask that you notify us at least 14 days in advance of a Training and let us know of your cancellation and why. You can do this by going back to our Portal and clicking on the “CONTACT” link in the upper right of the screen.
Failure to contact us of your cancellation is noted by the OEL Admin Team. This may lead to your dismissal as a student leader from the OEL program.