Sat, Sep 24|
Bucknell Cowan Retreat Property
All Leader Cowan Retreat
When & Where
Sep 24, 2022, 10:00 AM – Sep 25, 2022, 6:00 PM
Bucknell Cowan Retreat Property, Cowan, PA 17844, USA
About the Experience
This retreat focuses on welcoming our new and returning leaders to the new school year with OEL, as well as providing an overview of expectations and fundamental training topics and continuing education that all leaders should familiarize themselves with.
Topics discussed and practiced may include:
- Expectations of being an OEL Trip Leader.
- Operating procedures & online infrastructure.
- Initatives & group activities.
- Basecamp camping skills.
- Group facilitation and dynamics.
- Diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Land acknowledgements.
- Establishing a backcountry camp & kitchen.
- Backcountry cooking skills.
- Fostering a welcoming, inclusive community.
Field Session: F.D. Brown Cowan Retreat Center
Pre Trip: Wednesday, 9/14/2022 @ 8:00 PM
Field Session: 9/24/2022 - 9/25/2022
Day 1 - 9/24/2022
- 10:00 AM - Meet at OEL Basecamp on campus.
- 10:30 AM - Depart campus for field location.
Day 2 - 9/25/2022
- 5:00 PM - Arrive back at OEL Basecamp on campus. Clean and return equipment/supplies.
- 6:00 PM - Conclude training.
- OEL Rental Center equipment/clothing.
- Transportation during field session.
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks for field session.
This training is complimentary (FREE / NO COST) for Bucknell OEL Student Leaders.
This training is open enrollment to all current Bucknell OEL Student Leaders. A Bucknell ID is required at the time of registration.
Cancellations & No Shows
Complimentary (FREE) OEL Trainings provided to Bucknell OEL Student Leaders have limited capacity. If a Student Leader signs up and doesn’t show for the program, it’s disruptive for everyone involved and takes away from the experience for other students. Further, this can negatively impact a Student Leader's ability to continue in this roll on future trips and outings.
We understand that things come up and life happens. We get it. We simply ask that you notify us at least 21 days in advance of a Training and let us know of your cancellation and why. You can do this by going back to our Portal and clicking on the “CONTACT” link in the upper right of the screen.
Failure to contact us of your cancellation is noted by the OEL Admin Team. This may lead to your dismissal as a student leader from the OEL program.