Fri, Mar 08|
BID - Spring Break - Southwest Arizona Adventure
Co-lead a group of students on a week long trip to Arizona with stops in Prescott, Sedona, Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon National Park!
When & Where
Mar 08, 2024, 8:00 AM EST – Mar 16, 2024, 8:00 PM EDT
Arizona, USA, Arizona, USA
About the Experience
Co-lead alongside 1 other student leader and an OEL professional staff member during a southwest desert road trip throughout Arizona.
This student leadership opportunity requires various planning sessions throughout the 2023/2024 academic year up to this spring break trip.
Interested student leaders should review all trip information provided on the participant facing webpage here: SPRING BREAK - SOUTHWEST ARIZONA ADVENTURE.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS*
- Be 21 years or older at the time of departure from campus for this trip
- Meet driving requirements to operate an OEL vehicle (OEL Van and/or Truck) at the time of departure from campus for this trip and be willing to drive throughout the trip as needed
- Be a current OEL student "Adventure Trip" leader
- Have successfully met all associated student leader expectations in the prior academic year
- Remain current and compliant with all associated student leader expectations during the 2023-2024 academic year up until this trip
- Have completed OEL's annual May Trip student leader training on the Black Forest Trail and/or co-led one of the Buckwild trip experiences during Buckwild
- Be an incoming Sophomore (Class of 2026), incoming Junior (Class of 2025) or incoming Senior (Class of 2024)
- Studying on campus during the spring 2024 semester (Study abroad or beyond campus is an allowable consideration during the fall 2023 semester. All student leaders for this trip must be present on campus during the spring 2024 semester)
*All listed Qualifications / Requirements may be eligible for adjustment on a case by case basis at the discretion of the OEL professional staff.
STUDENT LEADER SELECTION CONSIDERATIONS
- Level of involvement as an OEL student "Adventure Trip" leader
- Level of involvement as an OEL student staff in any area of the program
- Record of mentorship and "giving back" to other OEL student leaders and/or staff
- Graduating class year (e.g. Incoming Seniors (Class of 2024) may be given priority over incoming Sophomores (Class of 2026) or Juniors (Class of 2025) given that this is their final opportunity to participate in this experience.)
- All inclusions explained in the participant facing webpage here: SPRING BREAK - SOUTHWEST ARIZONA ADVENTURE
- All exclusions explained in the participant facing webpage here: SPRING BREAK - SOUTHWEST ARIZONA ADVENTURE
Participation in this student leader opportunity including the trip to Arizona will cost selected student leaders $0.00*
*Selected student leaders are responsible for non-refundable costs associated with their participation in this program should they self select out at any time of this annual commitment and/or if they are charged with a student conduct violation as determined by the Dean of Students office during the 2023-2024 academic year and/or if they are found in violation of any other university student behavior processes during the 2023-2024 academic year.
Interested student leaders should complete the registration form associated with this bid option on the OEL portal. A confirmation e-mail will include a link to a mandatory second bid step - completion of a Google Form application.
All bid steps (registration form, Google Form) must be completed by 5:00pm ET 05/24/2023.
Completed bids will be reviewed by the OEL professional staff and Adventure Trip student managers. Student leaders will be contacted if additional questions are determined. Final determinations will be shared on or before 5:00pm ET 06/15/2023. Selected student leaders must accept their bid within 72 hours of notification.