Fri, Oct 20|
Black Forest Trail
Black Forest Backpacking (3)
Come camp and stare at the stars with us! Transportation, food and gear provided!
When & Where
Oct 20, 2023, 6:00 PM EDT – Oct 23, 2023, 2:00 PM EDT
Black Forest Trail, Slate Run, PA 17769, USA
About the Experience
Join us on an overnight backpacking trip through the incredible wilderness of Pennsylvania. Backpacking is a form of camping in which you carry all of your gear, food, and water in a backpack, and hike into the woods to camp. It's a great way to immerse yourself in the backcountry and have an adventure! No experience required.
We'll first meet at our Basecamp on Bucknell's campus. From there we'll commute to the trailhead.
Pre Trip Meeting: Wednesday, October 11th 8pm at Tustin/Basecamp
Field Session: 10/20/2023 - 10/22/2023
Friday, October 20th:
- 6:00 PM: Meet at our Basecamp on Bucknell's campus
- 7:30 PM: Depart Basecamp
- Evening: Set up camp., make dinner, and enjoy a relaxing night of camping
Saturday, October 21st:
- Wake up, breakfast, begin hiking
Sunday, October 22nd:
- Morning: Wake up, make breakfast, pack up camp.
- 10:00 AM: Hike out to the trailhead
- 4:00 PM: Arrive back on campus
- All camping and backpacking gear
- Some clothing as needed (rain jacket/pants, insulated jacket, baselayers)
- Transportation to/from
- Saturday lunch, dinner and snacks
- Sunday breakfast, lunch and snacks
What To Bring
- Clothing that is comfortable to hike and camp in (e.g. athletic type clothing that can get dirty, etc)
- Rain jacket (just in case)
- Insulated warm clothing layers
- Warm beanie
- Hiking boots or a sturdy pair of sneakers
- Water Bottle
This training is complimentary (FREE / NO COST) for Bucknell OEL Student Leaders.
This trip is open enrollment to all current Bucknell Students. A Bucknell ID is required at the time of registration.
Cancellations & No Shows
Complimentary (FREE) OEL Trips & Outings provided to Bucknell students have limited capacity. If a student signs up and doesn’t show for the program, it’s disruptive for everyone involved and takes away from other student’s experience.
We understand that things come up and life happens. We get it. We simply ask that you notify us at least 48 hours after your pre-trip meeting (approximately 1 week in advance of a Trip or Outing) and let us know of your cancellation. You can do this by going back to our Portal and clicking on the “CONTACT” button in the upper right of the screen.
Failure to contact us of your cancellation in this predetermined time frame is noted by the OEL Admin Team. After 3 instances (not showing up or cancelling less than a week prior to the trip 3 times), a student will not be allowed to register for future OEL Trips & Outings here at Bucknell