Bouldering at Mocanaqua
When & Where
About the Experience
We invite you to come climbing with us on the beautiful quartzite boulders of Mocanaqua, PA which is located about 50 miles east of Bucknell University. This particular trip will either take place at Squirrel Rock or Mt. Gretna. All experience levels are welcomed!
*GoogleMaps link provided
- 8:30 AM - Meet at our Basecamp on Bucknell's campus.
- 9:00 AM - Depart for Mocanaqua. Enjoy day of climbing.
- 3:30 PM - Arrive back to Basecamp.
- Some clothing as needed (rain jacket/pants, insulated jacket, baselayers)
- Climbing gear (climbing shoes, chalk and crash pads)
- Transportation to/from
What To Bring
- Clothing that's comfortable to climb and move in (e.g. athletic type clothing and/or synthetic pieces, etc.)
- Rain jacket (just incase)
- Insulated warm clothing layers
- Closed toe shoes with plenty of tread
- Small backpack
- 1-2 liters of water
- A hat
- Personal lunch and snack food for the day
- Personal climbing shoes and chalk (if you own these items already)
This trip is complimentary (FREE / NO COST) to Bucknell students.
This trip is open enrollment to all current Bucknell students. A Bucknell ID number is required to register.
Cancellations & No Shows
Complimentary (FREE) OEL Trips & Outings provided to Bucknell students have limited capacity. If a student signs up and doesn’t show for the program, it’s disruptive for everyone involved and takes away from other student’s experience.
We understand that things come up and life happens. We get it. We simply ask that you notify us at least 48 hours in advance of a Trip or Outing and let us know of your cancellation. You can do this by going back to our Portal and clicking on the “CONTACT” orange button in the upper right of the screen.
Failure to contact us of your cancellation is noted by the OEL Admin Team. After 3 instances (not showing up 3 times without notice), a student will not be allowed to register for future OEL Trips & Outings here at Bucknell.