Sat, Sep 23|
Little Pine State Park
Camping at Little Pine
Come camp and stare at the stars with us! Transportation, food and gear provided!
Registration opens Aug 07, 12:00 PM EDT
When & Where
Sep 23, 8:00 AM EDT – Sep 24, 4:00 PM EDT
Little Pine State Park, 4205 Little Pine Creek Rd, Waterville, PA 17776, USA
About the Experience
Join us car camping and stargazing at Little Pine State Park. Little Pine State park lies along 4.2 miles of the Little Pine Creek, in the midst of the Tiadaghton State Forest. Come enjoy a fun evening of camping, campfire stories, dinner, and stargazing with us.
We'll first meet at our Basecamp on Bucknell's campus. From there we'll commute over to Little Pine State Park.
*GoogleMaps link provided
Pre-Trip Meeting: 9/13/2023 @ 8pm (Subject to change with advanced notice. May be virtual - Zoom)
Field Session: 9/23/2023 - 9/24/2023
Saturday, September 23rd:
- 8:00 AM - Meet at our Basecamp on Bucknell's campus.
- 8:30 AM - Depart for Moshannon State Park.
- 9:30 PM - Arrive at campground. Establish camp. Dinner. Stargaze. Relax.
Sunday, September 24th:
- Morning - Wake up. Breakfast. Pack up camp.
- 4:00 PM - Arrive back to campus.
- Some clothing as needed (rain jacket/pants, insulated jacket, baselayers)
- Camping gear (sleeping bag, tent, headlamp, etc.)
- Saturday night dinner.
- Sunday morning breakfast.
- Transportation to/from
What To Bring
- Clothing that's comfortable to camp in (e.g. athletic type clothing that can get dirty, etc.)
- Rain jacket (just in case)
- Insulated warm clothing layers
- Warm beanie
- Hiking boots or a pair of sturdy sneakers
- Optional insulated warm boots
- Small backpack or duffel bag to keep personal items in
- Personal water bottle
- A hat
This trip is complimentary (FREE / NO COST) to Bucknell students.
This trip is open enrollment to all current Bucknell students. A Bucknell ID number is required to register.
Cancellations & No Shows
Complimentary (FREE) OEL Trips & Outings provided to Bucknell students have limited capacity. If a student signs up and doesn’t show for the program, it’s disruptive for everyone involved and takes away from other student’s experience.
We understand that things come up and life happens. We get it. We simply ask that you notify us at least 48 hours after your pre-trip meeting (approximately 1 week in advance of a Trip or Outing) and let us know of your cancellation. You can do this by going back to our Portal and clicking on the “CONTACT” button in the upper right of the screen.
Failure to contact us of your cancellation in this predetermined timeframe is noted by the OEL Admin Team. After 3 instances (not showing up or cancelling less than a week prior to the trip 3 times), a student will not be allowed to register for future OEL Trips & Outings here at Bucknell.