Sun, May 01|
Climb Nittany Rock Gym
Climb Nittany - Indoor Rock Gym (8) old
Come boulder and climb with us! Transportation, food and gear provided! No prior experience necessary!
When & Where
May 01, 2022, 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM EDT
Climb Nittany Rock Gym, 328 Discovery Dr, Boalsburg, PA 16827, USA
About the Experience
We invite you to come climbing with us at Climb Nittany in State College, PA. This state of the art climbing gym offers a wide variety of bouldering, top rope climbing, lead climbing, autobelayed climbing, as well as a training area.
This trip DOES NOT require prior climbing experience. If you have experience belaying and would like to top rope or lead climb, you have the option to take a test provided by the climbing gym staff.
*GoogleMaps link provided
Pre-Trip Meeting: N/A
Field Session: 5/1/2022
- 10:00 AM - Meet at our Basecamp on Bucknell's campus.
- 10:15 AM - Depart for Climb Nittany Rock Gym.
- 11:15 AM - Arrive at the gym. Boulder. Rope climb (if approved). Hang out.
- 2:00 PM - Depart for Bucknell.
- 3:00 PM - Arrive back to campus.
- Climbing gear (rock shoes, harness, locking carabiner, belay device)
- Dinner (sandwiches or similar), beverage (e.g. gatorade) and snack food
- Transportation to/from
- Climbing gym day pass
What To Bring
- Clothing that's comfortable to for indoor climbing (e.g. long shorts or pants/legging, t-shirt/tank top, sweatshirt, etc.)
- Personal climbing gear (optional)
- Personal water bottle
- ID (drivers license or equivalent)
This trip has the following fees associated per person:
- Climbing day pass = $0.00 (This specific trip is compliemntary to OEL Climbing Wall Staff)
This trip is open enrollment to all current Bucknell students that work at the OEL Climbing Wall. A Bucknell ID number is required to register.
Cancellations & No Shows
OEL Trips & Outings provided to Bucknell students have limited capacity. If a student signs up and doesn’t show for the program, it’s disruptive for everyone involved and takes away from other student’s experience.
We understand that things come up and life happens. We get it. We simply ask that you notify us at least 48 hours after your pre-trip meeting (approximately 1 week in advance of a trip) and let us know of your cancellation. You can do this by going back to our Portal and clicking on the “CONTACT” button in the upper right of the screen.
Students who notify us of their need to cancel at least 48 hours after the pre-trip meeting (approximately 1 week in advance of the trip) will receive a refund of fees paid. Refunds will not be issued for those who choose to cancel more than 48 hours after the pre-trip meeting (within a week of a trip).
Failure to contact us of your cancellation in this predetermined timeframe is noted by the OEL Admin Team. After 3 instances (not showing up or cancelling less than a week prior to the trip 3 times), a student will not be allowed to register for future OEL Trips & Outings here at Bucknell.