Sat, Nov 11|
Cowan Forrest Brown Conference Center
Cowan Cabin Camping
Come camp and stare at the stars with us! Transportation, food and gear provided!
Registration opens Oct 02, 12:00 PM EDT
When & Where
Nov 11, 10:00 AM EST – Nov 12, 4:00 PM EST
Cowan Forrest Brown Conference Center, One Dent Dr, Lewisburg, PA 17837, USA
About the Experience
Come enjoy a fun evening of hanging out at the cabin, campfire stories, dinner, and stargazing with us.
We'll first meet at our Basecamp on Bucknell's campus. From there we'll commute over to Cowan Retreat Center.
*GoogleMaps link provided
Pre-Trip Meeting: 11/1/2022 @ 8pm (Subject to change with advanced notice. May be virtual - Zoom)
Field Session: 11/11/2022 - 11/12/2022
Saturday, September 11th:
- 9:00 AM - Meet at our Basecamp on Bucknell's campus.
- 9:30 AM - Depart for Cowan
- 10:00 AM - Arrive at campground. Establish camp. Dinner. Stargaze. Relax.
Sunday, September 12th:
- Morning - Wake up. Breakfast. Pack up camp.
- 4:00 PM - Arrive back to campus.
- Some clothing as needed (rain jacket/pants, insulated jacket, baselayers)
- Camping gear (sleeping bag, cabin bunk, headlamp, etc.)
- Saturday night dinner.
- Sunday morning breakfast.
- Transportation to/from
What To Bring
- Clothing that's comfortable to camp in (e.g. athletic type clothing that can get dirty, etc.)
- Rain jacket (just in case)
- Insulated warm clothing layers
- Warm beanie
- Hiking boots or a pair of sturdy sneakers
- Optional insulated warm boots
- Small backpack or duffel bag to keep personal items in
- Personal water bottle
- A hat
This trip is complimentary (FREE / NO COST) to Bucknell students.
This trip is open enrollment to all current Bucknell students. A Bucknell ID number is required to register.
Cancellations & No Shows
Complimentary (FREE) OEL Trips & Outings provided to Bucknell students have limited capacity. If a student signs up and doesn’t show for the program, it’s disruptive for everyone involved and takes away from other student’s experience.
We understand that things come up and life happens. We get it. We simply ask that you notify us at least 48 hours after your pre-trip meeting (approximately 1 week in advance of a Trip or Outing) and let us know of your cancellation. You can do this by going back to our Portal and clicking on the “CONTACT” button in the upper right of the screen.
Failure to contact us of your cancellation in this predetermined timeframe is noted by the OEL Admin Team. After 3 instances (not showing up or cancelling less than a week prior to the trip 3 times), a student will not be allowed to register for future OEL Trips & Outings here at Bucknell.