Sat, Sep 05|
Raymond B. Winter State Park
Hiking R.B. Winter State Park
Come hike with us! Transportation & gear provided!
When & Where
Sep 05, 2020, 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM
Raymond B. Winter State Park, 7879, 17215 Buffalo Rd, Mifflinburg, PA 17844, USA
About the Experience
Come enjoy a relaxing hike with us through the forest of R.B. Winter State Park and explore some local Central PA terrain! This park is just 20 miles west of Bucknell University and features endless trails, views of the surrounding hills and a beautiful lake.
*GoogleMaps link provided
- 9:00 AM - Meet at our Basecamp on Bucknell's campus.
- 9:15 AM - Depart for Mocanaqua. Enjoy day of climbing.
- 2:00 PM - Arrive back to Basecamp.
- Some clothing as needed (rain jacket/pants, insulated jacket, baselayers)
- Hiking gear (small backpack, trekking poles)
- Sunscreen & bug spray
- Transportation to/from
What To Bring
- Clothing that's comfortable to hike and move in (e.g. athletic type clothing and/or synthetic pieces, etc.)
- Rain jacket (just in case)
- Insulated warm clothing layers
- Hiking boots or a pair of sturdy sneakers (trail can get slippery)
- Small backpack
- 1-2 liters of water
- A hat
- Personal lunch and snack food for the day
This trip is complimentary (FREE / NO COST) to Bucknell students.
This trip is open enrollment to all current Bucknell students. A Bucknell ID number is required to register.
Cancellations & No Shows
Complimentary (FREE) OEL Trips & Outings provided to Bucknell students have limited capacity. If a student signs up and doesn’t show for the program, it’s disruptive for everyone involved and takes away from other student’s experience.
We understand that things come up and life happens. We get it. We simply ask that you notify us at least 48 hours in advance of a Trip or Outing and let us know of your cancellation. You can do this by going back to our Portal and clicking on the “CONTACT” orange button in the upper right of the screen.
Failure to contact us of your cancellation is noted by the OEL Admin Team. After 3 instances (not showing up 3 times without notice), a student will not be allowed to register for future OEL Trips & Outings here at Bucknell.