Sat, Oct 15|
Raystown Lake, PA
Mountain Biking Overnight
Come camp, mountain bike and stare at the stars with us! Transportation, food and gear provided!
When & Where
Oct 15, 2022, 9:00 AM EDT – Oct 16, 2022, 9:30 AM EDT
Raystown Lake, PA, Raystown Lake, Pennsylvania, USA
About the Experience
Join us car camping, mountain biking and stargazing at Raystown Lake. This area is a 29,000 acre project with multiple public access points to a variety of outdoor recreation. One of these is mountain biking with worldclass manufactured trails overlooking the 8,000 acre lake. These trails offer a variety of options, difficulty and length. The plan is to spend most of the day on Saturday riding and finish up with an additional ride on Sunday prior to returning to campus. When not riding, we'll hang out at our campsite enjoy good food, good company and some stargazing!
Prior mountain biking experience is necessary to participate in this trip. Consider joining one of our mountain biking day trips in Danville prior to this trip to gain necessary experience.
We'll first meet at our Basecamp on Bucknell's campus. From there we'll commute over to Raystown Lake.
*GoogleMaps link provided
Pre-Trip Meeting: 4/6/2022 @ 8pm (Subject to change with advanced notice. May be virtual - Zoom)
Field Session: 4/16/2022 - 4/17/2022
Saturday, October 15th:
- 9:00 AM - Meet at our Basecamp on Bucknell's campus.
- 9:30 AM - Depart for Raystown Lake.
- 11: 30 PM - Arrive at campground. Establish camp. Spend the day out on the trails.
- Evening - Return to camp. Dinner. Stargaze. Relax.
Sunday, October 16th:
- Morning - Wake up. Breakfast. Pack up camp. Fit in another ride.
- 5:00 PM - Arrive back to campus.
- Some clothing as needed (rain jacket/pants, insulated jacket, baselayers)
- Camping gear (sleeping bag, tent, headlamp, etc.)
- Mountain biking gear (bike, helmet, repair equipment, etc.)
- Friday & Saturday night dinner
- Saturday & Sunday morning breakfast
- Saturday & Sunday lunch & snacks
- Transportation to/from
What To Bring
- Personal camping and mountain biking gear if you'd like
- Clothing that's comfortable to mountain bike & camp in (e.g. athletic type clothing that can get dirty, etc.)
- Rain jacket (just in case)
- Insulated warm clothing layers
- Warm beanie
- Hiking shoes or a pair of sturdy sneakers
- Small backpack or duffel bag to keep personal items in
- Personal water bottle
- A hat
This trip is complimentary (FREE / NO COST) to Bucknell students.
This trip is open enrollment to all current Bucknell students. A Bucknell ID number is required to register.
Cancellations & No Shows
Complimentary (FREE) OEL Trips & Outings provided to Bucknell students have limited capacity. If a student signs up and doesn’t show for the program, it’s disruptive for everyone involved and takes away from other student’s experience.
We understand that things come up and life happens. We get it. We simply ask that you notify us at least 48 hours after your pre-trip meeting (approximately 1 week in advance of a Trip or Outing) and let us know of your cancellation. You can do this by going back to our Portal and clicking on the “CONTACT” button in the upper right of the screen.
Failure to contact us of your cancellation in this predetermined timeframe is noted by the OEL Admin Team. After 3 instances (not showing up or cancelling less than a week prior to the trip 3 times), a student will not be allowed to register for future OEL Trips & Outings here at Bucknell.