Mon, May 23|
OEL Summer Intern Application 2022
Spend your summer as an OEL intern!
When & Where
May 23, 2022, 8:00 AM – Aug 05, 2022, 4:00 PM
Lewisburg, 701 Moore Ave, Lewisburg, PA 17837, USA
About the Experience
The Outdoor Education and Leadership (OEL) program at Bucknell University provides opportunities, education, and experiences for outdoor adventure.
OEL oversees a variety of outdoor opportunities that are available to students, staff, and faculty. The climbing wall, challenge course, outing club trips, bison bikes, and rental center are all run through Outdoor Education and Leadership. You can find us at our Basecamp, in Tustin. Come say hi!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The OEL Interns will be important team members in overseeing the summer operations of the program.
This will include managing outdoor equipment rentals and bikes, running open climbing hours at the rock wall, and preparing for the Buckwild pre-orientation trip, in addition to other projects and tasks. The ideal candidate will be responsible, collaborative, and interested in developing their organizational and leadership skills.
As members of the OEL team, summer interns will:
- Assist patrons with gear and boat rentals and returns
- Share responsibility for maintaining cleanliness and professionalism at OEL
- Assist in ongoing maintenance of rental center equipment inventory
- Conduct routine inventory and equipment inspections
- Oversee open climbing hours at the rock wall
- Assist in marketing efforts such as social media management and email correspondence
- Provide excellent customer service
- Foster a positive and safe outdoor centered community for all
- Assist with designated related tasks as needed
Applicants should be a student of Bucknell University, have strong organizational and communication skills, be willing to learn and grow, and have an interest in outdoor recreation and education.
Employment Details and Compensation
This internship will run from May 23- August 5, 2022 (11 weeks). There is potential flexibility for 1-2 weeks vacation. Interns will work 30+ hours per week, ensuring that Basecamp is open from 12:00pm-4:00pm, Monday through Friday. Some evening and weekend commitments may be required.
$15.00/hour & on-campus housing included.
It should be noted that campus dining is not open during the summer; students will live in apartment style housing with a kitchen and be responsible for preparing their own meals.