Rock Climbing 102 Clinic
When & Where
About the Experience
This is the second clinic in a 2 part series that continues the discussion from our Rock Climbing 101 - Intro to Climbing clinic. More information is shared during an initial indoor session on Friday evening followed up with a practical outdoor climbing session the day after.
On 10/3, we'll meet at our indoor Climbing Wall located in the KLARC on campus.
On 10/4, we'll meet at our Basecamp located in the Tustin Gym, first floor.
*Google Maps links provided for reference.
- 6:00 PM - Meet at our indoor Climbing Wall. Introductions. Clinic.
- 7:30 PM - Conclude.
- 9:00 AM - Meet at our Basecamp. Check equipment. Load vehicle.
- 9:15 AM - Depart for field site. Clinic.
- 4:00 PM - Back on campus. Conclude.
- All equipment needed for climbing instruction (e.g. harness, ropes, carabiners, etc.)
- Some clothing as needed (rain jacket/pants, insulated jacket, baselayers)
- Transportation to/from
What To Bring
Not all of these items are necessary for the initial indoor meeting. The clinic instructor will communicate this more clearly in a pre-clinic e-mail. All items are necessary for the outdoor session.
- Clothing that's comfortable to climb and move in (e.g. athletic type clothing and/or synthetic pieces, etc.)
- Rain jacket (just incase)
- Insulated warm clothing layers
- Closed toe shoes with plenty of tread
- Small backpack
- 1-2 liters of water
- A hat
- Personal lunch and snack food for the day
- Personal climbing shoes and chalk (if you own these items already)
- Notebook & something to write with.
- High level of stoke!
This cinic is complimentary (FREE / NO COST) to Bucknell students.
This trip is open enrollment to all current Bucknell students. A Bucknell ID number is required to register.
Cancellations & No Shows
Complimentary (FREE) OEL Trips, Outings & Clinics provided to Bucknell students have limited capacity. If a student signs up and doesn’t show for the program, it’s disruptive for everyone involved and takes away from other student’s experience.
We understand that things come up and life happens. We get it. We simply ask that you notify us at least 48 hours in advance of a Trip, Outing or Clinic and let us know of your cancellation. You can do this by going back to our Portal and clicking on the “CONTACT” link in the upper right of the screen.
Failure to contact us of your cancellation is noted by the OEL Admin Team. After 3 instances (not showing up 3 times without notice), a student will not be allowed to register for future OEL Trips, Outings or Clinics here at Bucknell.