Sat, Mar 25|
Donation Rocks & Hunter's Rocks
Rock Climbing Overnight
Come climb with us! Transportation & gear provided!
When & Where
Mar 25, 2023, 8:00 AM – Mar 26, 2023, 4:00 PM
Donation Rocks & Hunter's Rocks, Huntingdon, PA 16652, USA
About the Experience
Come with OEL on a fun weekend getaway combining both rock climbing and camping. Including both top rope rock climbing on Donation Rocks and bouldering at Hunter's Rocks. All experience levels are welcomed!
We'll first meet at our Basecamp on Bucknell's campus. From there we'll commute over to Huntingdon County.
*GoogleMaps link provided
Saturday, March 25th:
- 8:00 AM - Meet at our Basecamp on Bucknell's campus.
- 8:30 AM - Depart for Donation Rock climbing site. Enjoy day of climbing.
- 4:00 PM - Travel from Donation Rocks to Greenwood Furnace State Park
- 4:30 PM - Set up camp, cook dinner, relax
Sunday, March 26th:
- 8:00 AM - Wake up, break down camp
- 9:00 AM - Depart camp for Hunter's Rocks climbing site
- 4:00 PM - Arrive back on campus
- Some clothing as needed (rain jacket/pants, insulated jacket, baselayers)
- Sunscreen & bug spray
- Light snacks
- Personal climbing gear (helmet, harness, belay device, climbing shoes)
- Group climbing gear (ropes, anchor material, etc.)
- Camping gear
- Meals & Snacks
- Transportation to/from
What To Bring
- Clothing that's comfortable to hike and camp in (e.g. athletic type clothing and/or synthetic pieces, etc.)
- Rain jacket (just in case)
- Warm jacket and pants
- Hiking boots or a pair of sturdy sneakers (trail can get slippery)
- Small backpack
- 1-2 liters of water
- Personal lunch and snack food for the day
This trip is complimentary (FREE / NO COST) to Bucknell students.
This trip is open enrollment to all current Bucknell students. A Bucknell ID number is required to register.
Cancellations & No Shows
Complimentary (FREE) OEL Trips & Outings provided to Bucknell students have limited capacity. If a student signs up and doesn’t show for the program, it’s disruptive for everyone involved and takes away from other student’s experience.
We understand that things come up and life happens. We get it. We simply ask that you notify us at least 48 hours in advance of a Trip or Outing and let us know of your cancellation. You can do this by going back to our Portal and clicking on the “CONTACT” orange button in the upper right of the screen.
Failure to contact us of your cancellation is noted by the OEL Admin Team. After 3 instances (not showing up 3 times without notice), a student will not be allowed to register for future OEL Trips & Outings here at Bucknell.