Sun, Oct 30|
Milton State Park to Bucknell Landing
Come get spooky with us! Transportation & gear provided!
When & Where
Oct 30, 2022, 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM EDT
Milton State Park to Bucknell Landing, State Park Rd, Milton, PA, USA
About the Experience
Come enjoy a morning on the Susquehanna River while kayaking from Milton State Park to our private Bucknell landing. Milton State Park is just 5 miles north of campus and features great access to the river.
Costumes are STRONGLY encouraged!
*GoogleMaps link provided
Pre-Trip Meeting: 10/19/2022 @ 8pm (Subject to change with advanced notice. May be virtual - Zoom)
- 5:00 PM - Meet at our Basecamp on Bucknell's campus.
- 5:15 PM - Depart for Milton State Park. Enjoy evening of kayaking.
- 8:00 PM - Arrive back to Bucknell.
- Some clothing as needed (rain jacket/pants, insulated jacket, baselayers)
- Sunscreen & bug spray
- Light snacks
- Kayaks, paddles, PFD's
- Dry bags
- Transportation to/from
What To Bring
- Clothing that's comfortable to move in, protects from the sun, and can get wet
- Rain jacket (weather dependent)
- Swimsuit (optional)
- Shoes with decent treat that can get wet/muddy (e.g. Chaco/Teva sandals, water shoes, etc.), NO FLIP FLOPS
- Small backpack/bag for personal items
- 1-2 liters of water
This trip is complimentary (FREE / NO COST) to Bucknell students.
This trip is open enrollment to all current Bucknell students. A Bucknell ID number is required to register.
Cancellations & No Shows
Complimentary (FREE) OEL Trips & Outings provided to Bucknell students have limited capacity. If a student signs up and doesn’t show for the program, it’s disruptive for everyone involved and takes away from other student’s experience.
We understand that things come up and life happens. We get it. We simply ask that you notify us at least 48 hours after your pre-trip meeting (approximately 1 week in advance of a Trip or Outing) and let us know of your cancellation. You can do this by going back to our Portal and clicking on the “CONTACT” button in the upper right of the screen.
Failure to contact us of your cancellation in this predetermined timeframe is noted by the OEL Admin Team. After 3 instances (not showing up or cancelling less than a week prior to the trip 3 times), a student will not be allowed to register for future OEL Trips & Outings here at Bucknell.