Sat, Apr 10|
Cherry Springs State Park
Stargazing at Cherry Springs
Come camp and stare at the stars with us! Transportation, food and gear provided!
When & Where
Apr 10, 2021, 2:00 PM – Apr 11, 2021, 12:00 PM
Cherry Springs State Park, 4639 Cherry Springs Rd, Coudersport, PA 16915, USA
About the Experience
This trip includes car camping and stargazing at Cherry Springs State Park. Did you know that only 10% of Americans have seen true dark skies? This is an unfortunate side effect of urban life, but at Cherry Springs we can have a chance to see the night sky in all its glory! Come enjoy a fun evening of camping, campfire stories, dinner, and stargazing with us.
*GoogleMaps link provided
Saturday, Oct 10:
- 2:00 PM - Meet at our Basecamp on Bucknell's campus.
- 3:00 PM - Depart for Cherry Springs State Park.
- 5:00 PM - Arrive at campground. Establish camp. Dinner. Stargaze. Relax.
Sunday, Oct 11:
- Morning - Wake up. Breakfast. Pack up camp.
- 12:00 PM - Arrive back to campus.
- Some clothing as needed (rain jacket/pants, insulated jacket, baselayers)
- Camping gear (sleeping bag, tent, headlamp, etc.)
- Saturday night dinner.
- Sunday morning breakfast.
- Transportation to/from
What To Bring
- Clothing that's comfortable to camp in (e.g. athletic type clothing that can get dirty, etc.)
- Rain jacket (just in case)
- Insulated warm clothing layers
- Warm beanie
- Hiking boots or a pair of sturdy sneakers
- Optional insulated warm boots
- Small backpack or duffel bag to keep personal items in
- Personal water bottle
- A hat
This trip is complimentary (FREE / NO COST) to Bucknell students.
This trip is open enrollment to all current Bucknell students. A Bucknell ID number is required to register.
Cancellations & No Shows
Complimentary (FREE) OEL Trips & Outings provided to Bucknell students have limited capacity. If a student signs up and doesn’t show for the program, it’s disruptive for everyone involved and takes away from other student’s experience.
We understand that things come up and life happens. We get it. We simply ask that you notify us at least 48 hours in advance of a Trip or Outing and let us know of your cancellation. You can do this by going back to our Portal and clicking on the “CONTACT” orange button in the upper right of the screen.
Failure to contact us of your cancellation is noted by the OEL Admin Team. After 3 instances (not showing up 3 times without notice), a student will not be allowed to register for future OEL Trips & Outings here at Bucknell.